Changes

     Life is completely full of changes. I came home this Summer thinking I was going to be heading back to American Eagle, working at a Paint-your-own pottery place, and nannying. Now, I am babysitting, nannying and working at a preschool. Change seems to be a theme in my blog and life!
      I have spent most of my life thinking that the little munchkins who dwell in the germy, colorful, crazy places known as preschools were overwhelming to handle. On some account, this is true! They are crazy, full of energy, and never seem to stop. However, they also are honest, caring, and more loving than any other group of kiddos. This last week I have been lucky enough to spend about 6 hours a day in the school. I am reluctant to say this, but I really could see myself teaching preschool. One of the little girls told me, "Miss Johnson I just love, love, love it when you are here. You make everything so much more fun!" Boy if you are ever having a rough day, just one step into the school and you will be bombarded with compliments!
      Today I witnessed one little boy poking another girl for a little while before she finally spoke up. She asked him why he was bothering her. He said he loved her, because she is the nicest girl in his class. He then proceeded to ask her to be his girlfriend. She said yes and they played house. It was so precious. If only life were that simple. But when you think about it, it is important that we stop and look at how simple things COULD be if we make them!
      I challenge you to think about something you always thought was true about yourself. Why do you feel that way? Maybe if you gave yourself to take a look on the other side, you will see that things are different, yet wonderful! Often there are things I "think" I know about myself or my beliefs. But at the age of 22 I am starting to realize I need to open myself up to new experiences and ideas. There is so much in front of me and I can make it the best if I allow myself to continue to grow over time. :)

Comments