Celebration!

Many times in life we celebrate things. Father's Day, Christmas, Birthdays, New Jobs, the list goes on and on! I am someone who truly enjoys celebrating the little things. I LOVE making other people feel special and important, mostly because they are! Often we spend so much time dwelling on the big things and negative issues in life we forget to celebrate and remember the little things!

Well this last week I have helped celebrate some pretty BIG things! My best friend's baby sister graduated from High School and is headed to Carnegie Mellon in the fall (which I am SO thrilled about her being so close!) So I headed to York to spend time with her and her lovely family :) I am truly so blessed to have so many second families. They really are so fabulous!

The presh graduate :)

Then I came home for Father's Day! Well it was just Dad & I because the rest of the fam had left for camp. So what did we do?  He spread mulch and I did laundry, how fun! Later in the week we tested a new Italian Restaurant and bought a new 50 inch plasma TV. Happy purchase for all involved.

The Big finish came when Dustin turned 25! I have been teasing him for weeks about this birthday and I probably should be nicer. 25 is a big deal! And he has accomplished so much in his life so far, I know he has a lot more to do though. Always a go getter :) For his special day we relaxed by the pool, it was lovely. For lunch I made these YUMMY Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches.

They are really easy to make! You just need:
- 1 Small Bottle of Franks Wing Sauce
- 3 Large Chicken breasts
-1 Packet of Dry Ranch Dressing (Power)
-2 tablespoons of butter.

To make it, you simply mix the wing sauce and ranch power in a crock pot and add the chicken. Cook on low for about 6 hours. Then remove the chicken, shred it, and toss it back in. Finally add the 2 table spoons of butter and mix them in. Let sit for another hour ish on Low. Serve and enjoy :)

I also thought I would test out another Pinterest recipe. I didn't fully read the directions though and ended up with Mozzarella disks instead of cute little baked balls. Oh well, maybe next time! I took Dustin out for dinner and a few of his friends helped me surprise him afterwards. It was really cute :)

The Birthday Boy & I :)

All in all it has been quite the week of celebrations. I hope you can find some time to celebrate something you or someone you know has accomplished. Even if it is treating yourself to an extra cookie at dessert tonight. Have a sweet weekend everyone :)

Comments