Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese!

I have to admit, I am not the hugest Buffalo fan. Don't get me wrong, I could eat Buffalo Chicken Dip for every meal. But it is not my favorite condiment (it is Dustin's however!) I stumbled upon this recipe and thought I would give it a try. It was beyond delicious! I had almost 3 helpings, and I NEVER do that! The recipe makes quite a large pan, so if you are cooking for two-ish people I would recommend halving the recipe. I highly suggest you try this no matter what your feelings are on Buffalo Sauce! Thanks Pinterest!


Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese

Ingredients
-1 box (1 lb.) Pasta (I used Pennette Fiber pasta!)
-3 boneless, skinless, Chicken Breasts
-1 tablespoon flour
-5 tablespoons of Butter
-1 1/2 cups Milk
-4 oz. shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese (half a bag) 
-4 oz. shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese (half a bag) 
-1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
-1/3 cup Panko Bread Crumbs  


Directions
1. Cut chicken into small pieces and cook. (I cooked mine on the stove in a pan with EVOO.)
2. Make the pasta according to the directions. While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. 
3. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Melt the butter. Once it is melted, add the flour and whisk it together until it is a light brown color (1-2 minutes).
4. Add the milk and turn the heat down to low. Stir until mix thickens. Add cheeses. Mix until sauce is smooth. Add the wing sauce and mix well!
  

5. Mix pasta and cooked chicken very well! Place pasta and chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 glass pan.

6. Pour the cheese sauce on top and mix it all up if necessary. Finally top with Panko bread crumbs.
7. Bake at 375* for 25 minutes!



I drizzled some Ranch Dressing on mine because I am a baby when it comes to things being spicy. I could not get enough of this pasta! I am sure it would be just as tasty without the chicken if you are a vegetarian! Hope you like it as much as I did!

Comments