World's Best Turkey Tacos!

So if you know me, you would know that I absolutely love Mexican food. I could eat quesadillas, enchiladas, and tacos (not to mention QUESO) daily and never become sick of it. However, this is one of my favorite recipes that I can mix up throughout the week. It is great to take to lunch for taco salads, make into wraps or mix with queso. The taco seasoning recipe is from Rachael Ray, and it is 1 million times more tasty then taco seasoning out of a packet. I make up a large batch and store it in an old spice jar! Here it is:

Taco Seasoning
-1 Tbs. Chili Powder
-1 Tbs. Ground Cumin
-1 Tbs. Garlic Powder
-1 Tbs. Onion Powder (I typically use Onion Salt)
-1/4 - 1/2 Tbs. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (depending on how spicy you want your tacos. 1/4 is PLENTY for me!


Mix all parts in a bowl and store in an air-tight container.

Making the Tacos
You will need 1 lb. Ground Turkey (You can use Ground Beef if you are not a turkey fan, but I would highly suggest trying turkey, you can barely tell the difference!)
Brown the meat for a few minutes. Add the Taco Seasoning and continue to brown. I also add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of chopped onions while the meat is browning. You DO NOT need to add water or any additional ingredients! Enjoy!

 YUM!


Comments