Turkey Chili in the Crockpot!

Yum! I love the smell of my dinner cooking all day while we do Fall activities around the house! This recipe is healthy and delicious. For some reason, I cannot find the original recipe I used online, but here is my version. It is easy and very filling! Cheers to fall!

Turkey Chili in the Crockpot


Ingredients
-1 lb. Ground Turkey
-1 Large Onion, chopped
-1 can Pinto Beans (15 oz) drained and rinsed
-1 can Corn (low sodium) drained and rinsed
-1 large can Tomato Sauce (15 oz.) I also added a small 8oz can
-1 can Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
-1 can Diced Tomatos with Green Chile (Rotelle) - 10 oz.
-1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
-1 Tbsp. Cumin
-1 Tbsp. Garlic Salt

Directions
1.  Cut the onion and rinse and clean the beans and corn.
2. Brown the turkey meat with 1/4 of the chopped onion in a skillet.
3. Add all of the ingredients to the crockpot and stir them together.
4. Cook on High heat for 4 hours.

Serves 8 and tastes best when topped with shredded cheese or velveeta and served with tortilla chips or cornbread! *Note if you do not like spicy, I would suggest using only 1 teaspoon of Cumin :)

Comments