Cleaning out Candles

We all have purchased those sweet smelling candles in the pretty jars. If you are anything like me, you burn them a little bit but want to keep them forever. Well, Dustin has forbid me from buying any until we burn through some - so this holiday season I started burning them more frequently! I finished burning one a few days ago and loved the jar. After some Pinterest digging, I found this nifty way to remove the wax!

Steps
1. Place the candle on a trivet or other heat-resistant surface. Boil water and pour it into the glass until it is almost full.
 2. The wax will start to soften and melt and floats to the top. Let it sit for a few hours or overnight. When you return to the candle, the wax will have hardened in a layer on top. Push down anywhere on the wax. It will probably break in half, but can be peeled out.
 3. Then the heavy duty scrubbing comes in! I used dish soap and almost everything came out. Wa-La! A pretty jar that you can re-use. I would recommend using Goo Gone if you can't get everything out! :)
*Note, I accidentally dropped another candle, hence why I did not remove the bottom wick holders. So after removing the shattered glass from my previous candle, I dropped it into this bad boy.

Good Luck crafters!

Comments