Buffalo Chicken Dip Pasta!

Quick life recap: So this weekend, I was asked to be a bridesmaid for my adorable little Kathy! I cannot wait to stand by her side on her big day! <3 We are trying to be healthier and work out, so today I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred - I will let you know if I can walk tomorrow.

Anyways the real reason for this post is one of the best combos ever - Buffalo Chicken Dip + Pasta = amazingness. Seriously. This stuff is rocking. I made it with relatively healthy ingredients, so I don't feel too awful about it ;) Or at least that is what I am going to tell myself.

Buffalo Chicken Dip Pasta




Ingredients
-1 lb or 2 cups shredded chicken breasts
-1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese (Neufchâtel cheese if you want to be healthier)
-1/3 cup buffalo Sauce
-1/2 cup chicken broth
-1 tsp paprika
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1/2 tsp black pepper
-1/2 tsp kosher salt
-3/4 cup Ranch dressing (the original recipe had Blue Cheese dressing, but we are more Ranchy people)
-12 oz uncooked penne pasta (wheat if possible)
-Green Onions (chopped)
-Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
-Shredded Cheese

Directions
  1.  Cook and shred the chicken. (I brown mine in a pan with EVOO)
  2. Begin making the cheesy, buffalo sauce by melting the cream cheese, buffalo sauce and chicken broth together.
  3. Add the paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
  4. Cook for a few minutes over medium heat or until all of the ingredients are combined and the sauce is creamy.
  5. Add the ranch dressing.
  6. Add the shredded chicken.
  7. Allow the sauce to cook for an additional 10 minutes over low heat.
  8. In the meantime, boil a large pot of water and cook the pasta for 10-12 minutes and drain.
  9. Combine the cheesy buffalo chicken sauce with the penne pasta.
  10. Serve with shredded cheese, green onions, and crushed red pepper flakes (if you like it really spicy).
    *I am somewhat of a wimp so I did not add any red pepper flakes and it was still pretty spicy!)
    ** We talked about adding some shredded cheese on top - as buffalo chicken dip has shredded cheese, I will be sure to update you after we give it a whirl! :)




Comments