Cake Mix Cookies

Of all the recipes I make, this one has to be the most requested for me to bring places. It is so easy, customizable, and tastes and looks way more complicated than it actually is. I am providing the basic recipe, however I will also add some of my favorite combos. :) So basically I am saying you are lucky that I am sharing this gem ;) Hope your family and friends enjoy them as much as mine do!

Cake Mix Cookies

Ingredients
Cake
-1 box cake mix
-1.5 cups flour
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup oil
-2 eggs

Frosting
-1.5 cups Powdered Sugar
-1 T. Milk
(Really this is a guessing game for how thick you want the frosting!)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. Mix cookie ingredients in a mixer, or by hand. 
3. Scoop out dough and roll into 1-inch cookie balls. Place about 1-2 inches apart from each other on a cookie sheet.
4. Bake cookies for 12 minutes.
5. If frosting (use frosting if no chocolate chips are mixed in), blend powdered sugar and milk together. Let cookies cool and frost. Let frosting harden for a few hours before storing cookies, or just eat them all immediately and you'll have no problem storing them!



Yummy Combinations:
-Original: Add 1/2 T almond extract to white cake mix for cookies, and 1 t. in frosting
-Strawberry: Use strawberry cake mix and white chocolate chips (no frosting)
-Lemon: Use lemon cake mix and 1 t. lemon extract in frosting
-Mint Chocolate Chip: Use chocolate cake mix with Andes mint pieces (no frosting)

*Note - I have found the best success with Pillsbury cake mix, however any and all work!

Comments