Pierogi Lasagna

As much as I love trying new recipes, my husband is a bit more skeptical. Often I make a recipe that is pretty good in my book only to get the "it's okay" from Dustin. This recipe was the complete opposite. I should have known. Dustin was born and raised on Pierogies. In fact, whenever I am gone for dinner and he has the option to eat whatever he wants, 99% of the time you will catch him making pierogies. ;) I have been working on making more recipes that are vegetarian, as our good friend is a vegetarian and when she comes over for dinner I want to be accommodating. I made this for the gang a few weeks ago and it went over pretty well. It should be made known this is not really a healthy recipe by any means, I do however use wheat lasagna noodles!




Pierogi Lasagna
Ingredients
-12 wheat lasagna noodles
-1 large onion, diced
-3 to 4 T butter
-1 T garlic
-8 Large Potatoes
-2 cups Shredded Cheese of your preference
-Salt & Pepper


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
2. Make lasagna noodles according to directions, rinse with cool water and set aside.
3. Dice onion and sauté in butter. Add garlic for last minute or two.
4. Peel, dice, boil, drain and mash potatoes. Add in salt and pepper, and onion mix.
5. Layer noodles, 1/3 mashed potatoes, and 1/3 cheese. Repeat layers, ending with a noodle layer on top followed by cheese.
6. Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove foil for last 5 minutes.
7. Serve warm with a veggie to attempt to make up for the massive quantity of starchy carbs :)


Comments